Wednesday, October 5, 2011

You funny!

dear Norah-
This is one of your new phrases: I funny, you funny, mommy funny, daddy funny. You think a lot of things are funny. I think it was funny when 2 seconds after I replied "Shut up!" to something crazy my friend Camille said, you said, "Shut up!" Ok, I knew the day was going to come. I try not to say it (even though I always say it with a "no way" connotation.) So despite all of my attempts to not say it in front of you, I slipped and out of your beautiful, pure mouth came: "Shut up!" After laughing (my second mistake) I tried to explain (unsuccessfully) that I made a mistake and that we don't say that word, only to be greeted with another, "Shut up!" from your cute mouth. Eeek, we'll have to work on that one.
love you,
mommy

3 comments:

linzi said...

That is funny :) I can't totally picture it! Especially the part where your are trying not to laugh. Those are good moments - moments where you can't help but laugh and yet it has to be a teaching moment, too - because they always ground me. I feel happy yet I know there is work to do. For some reason, I think that is such a beautiful feeling. Anyway, I know Norah is an angel, but I'm glad she has a little bit of her mommy's spunk, too :) Miss you guys. Please come over Halloween (in my mind that was more of a desperate plea!)

Stizz said...

Haha, of course that happened. :) You'll have to learn to replace those two words with a different set of words, like "No way!"...but it just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it. ;)

Sarah McK said...

Haha. Every kid does that. A few "crap" echoes have come out of Callum's mouth. Whoops. :)