Monday, October 24, 2011

overflowing

dear Norah-
My heart is overflowing with love for you. Today we had an art day. We colored, painted, drew with markers, dry-erase markers and colored pencils, it was heavenly. I love to watch your very particular and exact sketchings with your colored pencils and your still particular, but more generous strokes of the paint brush. It is so exciting to me to watch you discover each different art tool: pencil, marker, crayon and paint brush. I have a love/hate relationship with the mess. It is hard for me to see marker on your clothes (or the couch), while simultaneously loving the residue of art on your body, art that you created with so much attention. Thank you for a wonderful day little Norah. Thank you for making me laugh, playing posies with me, singing every song we know (several times) and for playing with my hair. I think God sent me one of His best and most loving angels. I love you!
xo,
mommy


Serious artist face

Still very concentrated

The mess



A fun one from Sunday

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ditto on the love-hate relationship because of the mess. I always look at Linzi's projects with Jude and think "wow-- that is what I'm supposed to be doing". Good for Norah enjoying her colorful exploration!

linzi said...

I love it! She looks adorable with paint all over her. I bet she gave you the best paint kisses, too :) And I love that last picture of you both. I would frame that one. There is something special about it :)

p.s. we owe you a huge thanks from this household. I'll be calling shortly :)

Sarah McK said...

Love that pic of you two together! I love how much Callum loves art, but he doesn't do it as much as he should b/c the mess is too annoying to me.

Stizz said...

I hear you about the mess...fun and cute to see on kids, but I think I'd have to take a couple deep breaths when I saw it everywhere else. :) Love the pics! You two are so cute!

Marcie said...

I love that picture of you and Norah! Her hair looks so cute in a ponytail and you make a cute pregnant lady. I hope you're feeling good!