Thursday, April 7, 2011

Deliquent Mom? Maybe.

dear Norah-
We went to the bank today. They gave you a sucker at the bank. I put you in your car seat in the car, put on a bib (to protect your clothes from your crazy messy sucker eating) and hopped in the car. We were driving down the road and I looked in my rear view mirror to see how you were doing. What did I see? A little bean bug (you) standing up in your car seat, facing backwards, while looking out the back window, eating your sucker. What!? Delinquent Mom? Maybe. Wouldn't be the first time I've been delinquent. I am grateful you are still alive. Love you bean bug.
mommy

6 comments:

Deb said...

Ah! That would be scary and funny at the same time! Glad she was ok. June would be having the time of her life!

Sarah McK said...

Hilarious! We've all done it. Cal once alerted me to the fact that I forgot to strap him in by sticking his head out from in between the two front seats and grinning at me mischievously. :)

Stephie Lynne Purcell said...

Ha I love it! I'm just relieved I'm not the only one. I forgot to buckle Chase in at the grocery store and he used a minor ice cream distraction to dive into the cart and start eating all the produce. Miss you guys :)

Melissa Tiek said...

I'm glad I'm not alone. We were in my brother's car (so I didn't have the car seat base) and I put the car's seat belt around Evie's car seat but forgot to strap her into the actual car seat. I kept trying to figure out why she looked like she had slid so far down in the car seat...

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

HA HA HA HA I love it sounds like something I would do.

Kim and Steve said...

Mom's always have about 20 balls in the air...we have to forget things sometimes!! Hope all is well!